Here at Somerville Gardens we appreciate a sweet treat, and the combination of chocolate and pecans in this pie are to die for.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 2/3 cup Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked OR frozen deep-dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter and chocolate over medium-low heat until melted, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl mix together corn syrup, eggs, brown sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the melted chocolate and pecans until combined.
- Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes. Cool for at least 2 hours on wire rack before serving.
Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream before serving